Learning more than the lingo

Finland's Junior RoboCup #innokas2013 



The school I am currently on placement at in Finland invited me along to join Grade 6 on their trip to compete in Finland's Junior RoboCup (#innokas2013). I was not particularly familiar with the type of competition but it has been something I have wanted to experience for a while. I would say that this area of technology is definitely my weakest and I know that I only learn through trying and experiencing, and good news because I have only been here a day and have learnt so much already. 


(The opening ceremony) 

It is great to be in a exhibition centre full of children who know so much about something you know very little about. As a role reversal I am no longer the educator but the observer and learner, something I wish to always be as a teacher, learning as much as teaching. 



All of the robots are designed, programmed and built by the children using Lego Mindstorms software and equipment. 


The competition has 4 separate sub competitions.

1) Sumo - robots 'sumo' wrestling 
2) Football - can be played 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 
3) Rescue - robots compete a maze and complete various tasks 
4) Dance - dancing robots accompanied by groups dancing on stage As well as the results of games the teams are also marked 

(Sumo Arena) 




(Football Arena) 



(Rescue Track) 


(Dance Robot - Thrift Shop) 

I will be writing more posts and uploading new photographs as the competition continues. For live updates follow my twitter feed at @MegDouglasTeach

1 comments:

  1. Don't lose your opportunity to get a well-written paper. Use globalessays writing service and you'll never regret.

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Feed

Total Pageviews